I don't usually follow popular trends or what is hot in the news, but I thought I'd do it on this lazy Sunday. Obama is in Afghanistan and I've been curious what his motives are in this country. I know that his has campaigned on adding additional forces there to help win the fight, but I know that his base doesn't necessarily agree with that. It's a tough place to be in.


The fight in Afghanistan is very complex, but something that definitely has to be won. I know that many people think that taking out strategic targets is good enough. That we don't have to get down and dirty by changing the country, but I disagree with that. Power vacuums never really work out for the good. The evil/bad in that country exist because they can. It isn't a matter of removing one group from power that will keep them out and it doesn't mean that the good will fill the vacuum.

This is why we need to win the fight in Afghanistan and it is one of the few positions that I agree with Obama on. By setting up a stable secular government will help the entire world out. With freedom reigning in we can be sure that girls can go to school, women can live better and all Afghans live better. I suppose this is why Obama is in Afghanistan and he wants to reiterate these points.

President Obama speaks at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan soon, so you will want to check that out. The press conference was supposed to start at 2:05 pm EST, but that times has passed, so I guess they're running a little behind. You can view it at the White House website at the follow address: WH.gov/live

Okay, to reiterate everything. President Obama is in Afghanistan and is schedules to speak at the Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan and he should be announcing the support for the mission there and the need for success.

----

Posted by Christopher | 2:34 PM | , | 0 comments »


0 comments