I'll admit that there are a lot of things I don't understand. One of the biggest things is this environmental movement against the plastic bag, I just don't get it. It's sort touching close to home since cities close to me are banning them and I don't know why.

Plastic bags are great. They are convenient, sanitary and very cost effective. I love them, I reuse every bag in my house for the little garbage cans. I've always feared these "environmental bags" they sell at the grocery store. These people probably feel pretty good, but probably buy a box of plastic bags for their little garbage cans around the house.

Currently the state of Maine is looking to do a plastic bag ban. The most apparent reason I'm gathering here is that they are an eye sore. Granted some bags get blown into the woods. I don't really see why looking at it is so bad because I can think of a lot of things that I don't like to look at.

Dave Littel from Maine's Department of Environmental Protection stated the following, "Plastic account(s) for more than 1 million bird deaths and 100,000 marine mammal and sea turtle deaths." I just don't understand why I should care. Millions of birds die from windmills, why don't we ban them too? I'm a big believer in Darwinism and Evolution. I can safely say, animals die. It's part of life and if they can't adapt, they should die.

I would think that environmentalists would be happy that we have cheap plastic bags. I'd say around 90% (probably more) reuse them. Not only do people get groceries in it, they also use it for small trash cans, carrying lunches, temporary gym bag, etc. They carry almost everything. What's the point of banning them and forcing people to use these "environmental bags"? People are just going to go buy more plastic bags because they use them everyday.

I don't get environmentalists. Plastic bags are good and they raise the standard of living for everyone.

----

Posted by Christopher | 12:47 PM | | 0 comments »


0 comments